2. Hung out with some babies at my mom's birthday gathering later that evening.

3. Woke up too late to go on the hike with Mt Airy Learning Tree, so walked to the train station for the Walk a Crooked Mile book sale/flea market/live performers thing. The books were uninteresting and mostly unpriced, and there was no discernable person taking money anyway. Lame. The only performer I saw was Sharon Abbott (?) and she was okay, if you're into acoustic folk shit. She's supposedly funny, but I wasn't listening to the lyrics..too busy marvelling at a vendor whose collection of cds were all newish r&b and black top 40, then Jane's Addiction's "Nothing's Shocking". I wanted to take a picture, but thought it would be rude without buying anything.
4. Saw "Waiting for Superman". If any teachers---public, private, or charter---saw this movie, I'd like to know what you thought about it, and what you think about the state of education in general. I'd also like to know why kids are taught to cross-multiply to figure out what half of four is.
No comments:
Post a Comment