Monday, October 29, 2012
Top Ten Recurring Dreams I Have
1. I always dream that I have to go back to high school. It never makes sense. Sometimes I even reference my master's degree in the dream, saying "Yeah, I know it's weird that I have a master's degree, but no high school education". Last night I dreamt I was at Washington High School and Snoop Dogg was my home room teacher.
2. I often dream that I live somewhere new. It's always a big house with lots of rooms, and I'm discovering more and more rooms, as the dream goes on. Sometimes I'm fighting over ownership of the rooms with my mom and sister, or my mom and sister are making them messy. These dreams are always bittersweet; I feel so happy with my big house, but I feel very anxious that it's going to get taken away from me. I have these dreams so frequently that I looked it up in a dream dictionary once. I forget the exact source, but I read somewhere that the rooms symbolize parts of my brain that I'm not using, or something. While that is very interesting, I actually just think it means that I grew up in an apartment and shared a bedroom with my sister. I've lived in nothing but apartments and dorms my whole life, so I think I'm actually just dreaming of a big home because I want one, and fearing that I'll never get one.
3. Speaking of parts of my brain not being used, I have flying dreams. But my flying dreams are unique because in the dream, I know I'm not supposed to be flying. I know it's something we can all do, but only some of us figure out how to do it, and we must not let the others know that we know how, or else the government will kidnap us and torure us, or something. So I have dreams where I can fly, but I have to hide my super power from others.
No comments:
Post a Comment